Acupuncture near Melrose Park
– Dolly Nanda, Melrose Park.
Acupuncture near Melrose Park – Looking for great Acupuncture near Melrose Park? We have the answer! Our Acupuncturists at Ryde Natural Health Clinic are professionally university trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and are highly experienced in treating a wide range of health complaints and concerns.
How does Acupuncture work…
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) acupuncture and other techniques are utilised to activate Meridians and Channels in the body which in turn, help to maintain the healthy function of internal organs and tissues. Some of the other techniques that may be used alongside acupuncture in a TCM consult include:
- Moxibustion – heating acupuncture needles with dried herb sticks. This activates and warms the acupuncture point. Also known as “moxa”.
- Cupping – the application of glass cups to create suction on the skin. This helps to relieve stagnation of qi and blood, that can occur in sporting injuries etc.
- Herbal medicine – Chinese herbs may be prescribed in the form of teas, tablets, capsules and powders to supplement acupuncture treatment.
- Electro stimulation – involves providing electrical stimulation to acupuncture needles. A very useful technique for the relief of muscle pain.
- Acupressure– can be a great hands on way to consolidate the acupuncture treatment. Acupressure will be incorporated into the treatment if necessary or substituted for those afraid of needles.
The Benefits of Acupuncture
When delivered by a trained practitioner, acupuncture has been demonstrated to be successful in treating a variety of health concerns, including:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Lower back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Gynaecological concerns
- Stress and anxiety
- Period pain
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Acupuncture to induce labor
- Bad moods/ irritability /depression
- Cold and Flu/ Bronchitis
- Sinusitis/ Sore throat/ Tinnitus
- Skin problems
- High/low Blood pressure
- Migraines and Headaches
Fees for Acupuncture
Your initial acupuncture consultation is only $110. Your initial consultation includes your first treatment and will generally last a duration of up to sixty minutes. Your practitioner will take some time during this consult to discuss with you the history of your condition or health concerns, carry out some diagnostic Traditional Chinese Medical tests, explain to you the goals of treatment and answer any questions you may have.
Standard follow-up 30 minute consultations are $80.
Longer follow-up 60 minute consultations are $110.
*Hank may provide Chinese herbs to supplement your acupuncture treatment, which may incur an additional cost.
*Most health funds will provide a rebate for acupuncture services – for those with ‘extras’ cover. To check if you are eligible for a rebate prior to your appointment, simply let us know the name of your fund at the time of booking and we’ll let you know which practitioners are covered by your fund.
Acupuncture near Melrose Park. Why choose us?
- Qualified Professionals: Our acupuncturists are all tertiary qualified.
- English Speaking: Our acupuncturists are fluent in English.
- Health fund rebates: We can swipe your card on-the-spot for all services!
- Free and easy parking is available at the door.
- We’re available when you are: Appointments can be booked as early as 8am and as late as 8pm 7 days.
If you’re looking for Acupuncture near Melrose Park, it’s worth the drive to North Ryde!