Acupuncture near Gladesville
– Andrew Hurley, Gladesville.
Acupuncture near Gladesville – Looking for acupuncture near Gladesville? Ryde Natural Health Clinic has the answer! The acupuncturists at Ryde Natural Health Clinic are professionally trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and are highly experienced in treating a wide range of health complaints.
How does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture, and other techniques are utilised in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to activate Meridians and Channels in the body which in turn, helps to maintain the healthy function of internal organs. Other techniques that may be utilised in a TCM consult alongside acupuncture include:
- Moxibustion – the heating of acupuncture needles with dried herb sticks. This activates and warms the acupuncture point. Also known as “moxa”.
- Cupping – the application of glass cups to create suction on the skin. This helps to relieve stagnation of qi and blood, that can occur in sporting injuries etc.
- Herbal medicine – Chinese herbs may be prescribed in the form of teas, pills, and powders to supplement acupuncture treatment.
- Electro stimulation – involves providing electrical stimulation to acupuncture needles. A very useful technique for the relief of muscle pain.
- Acupressure– can be a great hands on way to consolidate the acupuncture treatment. Acupressure will be incorporated into the treatment if necessary or substituted for those afraid of needles.
What are Acupuncture and TCM Used for?
Acupuncture has been demonstrated to be successful in treating a variety of health concerns, when delivered by a trained practitioner. These health complaints include:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Lower back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Gynaecological concerns
- Stress and anxiety related disorders
- Period pain
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Acupuncture to induce labor
- Bad moods/ irritability /depression
- Cold and Flu/ Bronchitis
- Sinusitis/ Sore throat/ Tinnitus
- Skin problems
- High/low Blood pressure
Fees for Acupuncture
Your initial acupuncture consultation is only $110. Your initial consultation will last up to sixty minutes in duration and will include your first treatment. During this consult, your practitioner will take some time to discuss with you the history of your condition or health concerns, carry out some diagnostic Traditional Chinese Medical tests, devise and plan some goals for treatment and answer any questions you may have.
Follow-up 30 minute consultations are $80.
Extended follow-up 60 minute consultations are $110.
The provision of Chinese herbs may incur an additional fee.
For those with ‘extras’ cover, most health funds will provide a rebate for acupuncture services. To check if you are eligible for a rebate prior to your appointment, simply let us know the name of your fund at the time of booking and we’ll let you know which practitioners are covered by your fund.
Acupuncture near Gladesville. Why choose us?
- Qualified Professionals: Our practitioners are all tertiary qualified.
- English Speaking: Our acupuncturists are fluent in English.
- Health fund rebates: We can swipe your card on-the-spot for all services!
- Free and easy parking is available at the door.
- We’re available when you are: Appointments can be booked as early as 8am and as late as 8pm, 7 days a week.
If you’re looking for Acupuncture near Gladesville, it’s worth the drive to North Ryde!