Are you a desk worker, or suffer from neck or back pain?
By Physiotherapist Isabel Armsworth
What are the steps for a good workplace set-up?
What are the stretches I can do from my desk?
- Sit with your back supported.
- Keeping your head facing forward, slowly tilt your ear towards your shoulder.
- Stop when you feel a gentle stretch in your neck, just below your ear. Hold for 20 seconds and then slowly move to the other side.’
- Sit on the edge of your desk chair.
- Turn your body one direction, and grab onto the back of the chair until you feel a stretch in your upper back.
- Hold for 20-30 seconds, and then turn the opposite direction.
- Whilst sitting in your chair, bend forward and wrap your arms around the back of your legs.
- Gently pull your body towards your legs until you feel a stretch in your lower back.
- Hold for 20 secs, then repeat.
Where can I find out more about Physiotherapist Isabel Armsworth?
For more information on Isabel and Physiotherapy here at Ryde Natural Health Clinic, or to book an appointment, call RNHC Reception on (02) 9878 5021, or head to https://www.rydenaturalhealthclinic.com.au/services/physiotherapy-north-ryde/.