Acupuncture near Macquarie Park
Cherie Lucas, Ashbury
The Benefits of Acupuncture
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a wholistic approach that uses acupuncture and numerous other techniques to stimulate Channels and Meridians in the body, which helps to maintain optimal functioning of internal organs and tissues. During a TCM consult, acupuncture may be complimented by other techniques such as:
- Moxibustion – the heating of acupuncture needles with dried herb sticks (Also known as ‘moxa’). This activates and warms the acupuncture point.
- Cupping – applying glass cups to the skin’s surface in order to create suction. This helps to relieve stagnation of qi and blood, that can occur in sporting injuries etc.
- Herbal medicine – Chinese herbs may be prescribed in the form of teas, pills, capsules and powders to supplement acupuncture treatment.
- Electro stimulation – involves providing electrical stimulation to acupuncture needles. This technique is very useful in the treatment of muscle pain.
- Acupressure – a great hands on way to consolidate the acupuncture treatment. Acupressure will be incorporated into the treatment if necessary or substituted for those afraid of needles.
At Ryde Natural Health Clinic, our acupuncturists are passionate about TCM and the results it can provide to those seeking gentle and effective care.
Acupuncture, when provided by an experienced practitioner, has been demonstrated to be successful in treating a wide range of health concerns including:
- Pain – Both chronic and acute
- Acupuncture for fertility
- Lower back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Gynaecological concerns
- Stress and anxiety
- Period pain
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Insomnia and other sleeping difficulties
- Acupuncture can be used to induce labor
- Bad moods/ irritability /depression
- Cold and Flu/ Bronchitis
- Sinusitis/ Sore throat/ Tinnitus
- Skin problems
- High/low Blood pressure
Your initial TCM and Acupuncture consultation is only $110. This initial consultation includes your first treatment and will usually last up to sixty minutes in duration. Your practitioner will utilise the time in your initial consult to discuss the history of your condition or health concerns, carry out a series of Traditional Chinese Medical tests, explain the goals of treatment and answer any questions you may have.
Standard 30 minute follow-up consultations are $70.
Longer 60 minute follow-up consultations are $110.
The provision of Chinese herbs may incur an additional fee.
Most health funds provide a rebate for acupuncture consults (for those with ‘extras’ cover). If you wish to check your eligibility for a rebate prior to booking, simply call us with the name of your fund and we’ll let you know which practitioners are covered by your fund.
Acupuncture near Macquarie Park. Why choose us?
- University Trained Practitioners: Our acupuncturists are all tertiary qualified.
- English Speaking: Our practitioners are fluent in English
- Health fund rebates are available for all our services and we can swipe your card on-the-spot!(For those with ‘extras’ cover).
- Free and easy parking is available right at the door.
- We’re available when you need us: Appointments are available as early as 7:30am, and as late as 8pm on weekdays, and between 8am – 2pm Saturday
If you’re looking for acupuncture near Macquarie Park, it’s worth the drive to North Ryde!